Classes & CoursesBack to space hire
My participants love Jacksons Lane: we're definitely coming back next term!Tara Linney, Funky Dance classes
Frequently asked questions
What are your hire rates for Classes & Courses?
Our Classes & Courses programme tutors benefit from a reduced class rate by booking and paying in bulk. See below for more information about requirements of Classes & Courses and get in touch if you'd like more information about rates for your class.
What is considered a Class & Course at Jacksons Lane?
To benefit from our reduced Class & Course rate at Jacksons Lane, you must meet the below requirements and be accepted on the programme by the JL team.
Firstly, the class or course must be:
- A structured planned learning activity that improves participant’s skills and/or well being.
- Open to any public who the class is aimed at. For example, a self defence class for women needs to be open to all women.
- A series of regular workshops that total a minimum of 6 sessions per term.
If you meet the full list of requirements in the C&C booking form below, please get in touch and your request will be reviewed by the JL team. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee access to the C&C programme for all interested tutors due to capacity restrictions.
What if I don't meet these requirements?
We're happy to talk to you about a regular private hire instead. See our rehearsals and auditions page for more information and rates, or get in touch using the enquiry form below.
What do I need to do to book in my class?
Just get in touch using the enquiry form on this page or download the Classes & Courses Booking Form below and submit to [email protected]
What does the tutor need to provide?
- Proof that you are qualified to teach the activities you will be conducting – usually in the form of a certificate of a relevant qualification.
- Confirmation that you are properly covered with adequate insurance as you’ll be working with the public.
- Proof that you are allowed to work with children or vulnerable people, if applicable.
- You will need to attend a meeting with the Class Booking Team to discuss your activity in detail.
What does Jacksons Lane provide as part of the hire?
- Inclusion in public screen display, listing your activity, its contents and contact details.
- Publication of the same details on our Classes & Courses listing on our website.
- Tables and Chairs according to requirements.
- Mirrors in Studio 1 & 2.
- PA systems, according to requirement, in Studio 1 & 2.
- Opportunities to work within an established professional theatre.
- Plus, our fully-staffed reception and box-office provides immediate responses to
interested customers, providing tailored information about appropriate courses to
What doesn't Jacksons Lane provide as part of the hire?
- Images or large adverts are not included in the public screen display.
- Space for flyers or posters
- Jacksons Lane cannot provide changing areas outside of your designated times and spaces.
- Booking services: you must provide a contact number or email address for interested participants.
Help - I don't know whether I'm a Class & Course or Private Hire!
Don't worry, we can help you through this! Get in touch by filling out the enquiry form. We'll help you through it in no time.
Spaces for classes & courses
Studio 1 is the largest studio at Jacksons Lane with stunning church features. Fully equipped with a sprung dance floor, mirrored wall and PA system, Studio 1 is perfect for dance classes, group work-outs or activities requiring more space, such as ballroom dancing.
Dimensions: 8m x 37m
Max capacity: 120 people
Situated on the first floor & accessible only via a spiral staircase.Price on request, minimum 6 classes
Studio 2 is situated on the ground floor and is fully accessible for wheelchair users. It features a mirrored wall, fully sprung dance floor and a PA system. It is the ideal space for movement classes for all ages or musical and group numbers.
Dimensions: 7m x 10m
Max capacity: 80 peoplePrice on request, minimum 6 classes
Space 3 is situated on the ground floor and is fully accessible. This space is ideal for sessions for movement or dance, or desk-based classes such as board games or language classes. With a supply of tables and chairs, you can just turn up and get stuck-in.
Dimensions: 6m x 9m
Max Capacity: 35 peoplePrice on request, minimum 6 classes
Packed full of original features and flooded with natural light, this space is ideal for sessions for movement or dance, or desk-based classes such as board games or language classes. Space 4 is situated on the ground floor and is fully accessible.
Dimensions: 6m x 10m
Max Capacity: 40 peoplePrice on request, minimum 6 classes
Space 5 is a self-contained room with its own entrance and toilets, making it the perfect space for classes for young children, or music rehearsals. Its shape is also good for acting or singing classes. There is also the option for Space 5 to become a black-out room if required.
Dimensions: 7m x 7m
Max Capacity: 25 peoplePrice on request, minimum 6 classes