The Pink Bucket (Too)
And What? Queer. Arts. Festival.14 Oct 8.00pm
Join us for round (Too) of The Pink Bucket, a cacophony of queer circus and cabaret led by the extraordinary ‘drag prince’ Alfie Ordinary – winner of both Brighton and Hollywood Fringe awards – and featuring a carousel of the most fulfilling upstarts on the circuit addressing your levels of satisfaction.
Is your Pink Bucket half-full or half-empty? Is it boner dry or does it runneth over with delights?
The evening's programme includes:
- Ruby Gaskell (aerial artist): A bold bender embodying the creatures that inspire her. She pays a tribute to icon Patsy Stone in her full, glorious filth
- Crystal Beth (aerial artist): Dazzling exterior, rotten to the core, oozing sex appeal – Crystal Beth serves a toxic combination of drag, cabaret, punk, burlesque and circus
- Symoné (hula hoop): an international performing artist who prefers dancing with hoops rather than people
- Harry Clayton-Wright (show-off): an entertainer, performance artist, international mischief maker and internet provocateur from Blackpool. You may have seen Harry on the Internet. You may have seen quite a lot of Harry on the Internet. His videos have had over 2.5 million views online and he has recently joined the internationally acclaimed BRIEFS.
- Antonio Harris (Chinese pole specialist)
- Max Beecher (contortionist)
Part of the And What? Queer Arts Festival.
Age Guidance: 18+
Duration: 1h 30m (incl. interval)
Show Info: adult and sexual content, nudity, strong language. This performance has reserved seating.
We are unable to admit latecomers to this performance. Please allow ample time to arrive and collect your tickets.
"By the end, Alfie remains as fabulous as ever, but now we the audience are too. We have sung, swayed, laughed and empathised together. Something has shifted. The world around us looks, even temporarily, like a more fabulous place to be."
"An elaborate fusion of queer circus, burlesque and performance art"
"probably the most fearless performance art I ever have (and ever will?) see"
"Alfie used his natural stage charisma to deliver a relaxing, joyful, and hilarious hour of entertainment"
"Alfie provides insights with gentleness, compassion and a brevity that shines with unpretentious brilliance"
"side-splittingly funny, extraordinary and of course, fabulous"