Take a look at our blog!
Read about who we are, what we do, and some exciting events coming up.Blog
Schools and Artsmark
Jacksons Lane has strong relationships with both primary and secondary schools, working to complement their curriculum, provide fun activity days, bespoke projects and arts career days.
We have developed three exciting offers which we can deliver in schools across London:
- Our fantastic Join the Circus! workshops which are suitable from Year 2 upwards (KS1 and KS2). Create a circus company in a day!
- Our LAUNCH workshops for secondary schools where students work in groups to create a viable plan for a theatre show and present it in a lively Dragon’s Den-style pitch.
- Bespoke projects to suit the needs of individual schools. Previously we have created a Day at Drama School project and a Circus Skills Enrichment Programme for Fortismere School, a Romeo and Juliet Day for Bute House, and a three-month heritage project with St Thomas More School and Area 51, a specialist college for people with learning difficulties and disabilities.
Take a look at our Arts Award page to see how our workshops can help your students achieve an Arts Award.
For more information or to discuss bespoke workshops please contact Head of Participation Stuart Cox at [email protected] or on 020 8340 5226.
Artsmark is the creative quality standard for schools and education settings, awarded by Arts Council England, recognising their commitment to high quality arts and cultural education.
Jacksons Lane is proud to be supporting schools and education settings on their Artsmark journey, inspiring children and young people to create, experience, and participate in great arts and culture.
Jacksons Lane is excited to be an Artsmark Partner.
Jacksons Lane can offer support for teachers and their schools in not only delivering arts activities and opportunities to see great theatre, but also offering support to teachers in their Artsmark journeys. Here is how Jacksons Lane can help:
- Assistance and support in the creation and writing of your Statement of Commitment
- Access to CPD opportunities including an "Arts Buddy" offer, INSET training, opportunities to learn on our projects and careers advice in the arts
- Making partnerships: in cases where Jacksons Lane may not be the most suitable organisation to deliver activities, our staff may be able to put you in touch with a better-suited group
- Assistance and support in your Case Study.
Find out more about Artsmark at artsmark.org.uk.
To discuss how Jacksons Lane can help you as an Artsmark Partner please contact Head of Participation Stuart Cox at [email protected] or on 020 8340 5226.
The opportunity to take part in Jacksons Lane’s workshops has enabled our pupils to develop their drama techniques and circus skills in a fun environment where their confidence has soared. I am in no doubt that this experience has helped pupils to achieve their potential and surpass their target grades.
Head of Drama, St Thomas More School, Wood Green
The circus skills workshops delivered at our school have been hugely popular and successful. The workshops have given the students a chance to develop specialist clowning and circus skills. They are highly engaged and encouraged throughout, and are all looking forward to the upcoming workshops.