There has never been a better time to support Jacksons Lane
Help us continue our artist support programmes, and the work we do in our community. Every £1 donated to Jacksons Lane is curently being matched £ for £ by Arts Council England!Double your donation!
Did you know we run large-scale outreach projects in London?
We devise projects that work with people living in some of the most deprived wards in LondonShow me more
We're serious about our environmental sustainability
Here's how we're doing all we can to make our historic building as green as possible. We've already had some successes.Let's be eco-friendly
Take a look at our blog!
Read about who we are, what we do, and some exciting events coming up.Blog
Did you know that every week we have around 50 different classes and courses in our building that you can take part in. Whether you want to dance, act, or exercise, you can find great activities every day of the weekJoin in at Jacksons Lane
Christmas Day at Jacksons Lane
Find out more about the work we do every Christmas Day for older and disabled people who would otherwise spend Christmas alone.Find out more
We have a massive positive impact for the local economy
Independent evaluators discovered that we drive millions of pounds for the local economy by being hereShow me how!
Why Support Us?
Jacksons Lane was established in 1975 through community activism, with an aim to bring about positive change. We exist to give people a voice, actively creating opportunities to support agents of change and engender self-belief. We work collaboratively with artists and local communities to turn ideas and dreams into reality.
We are officially the UK’s leading venue and supporter for contemporary circus, both artistically and beyond into our community. Circus is all about trust, teamwork and aiming high (literally and figuratively) – the very ethos Jacksons Lane was founded on.
I got a chance to perform. I felt like a star! I couldn't get this opportunity anywhere else. I couldn't ask for something more spectacular than this.
Angel, 15, JL Youth participant
Our community work demonstrably increases confidence, independence and skills in groups of people who are traditionally hard to reach. We marry this with high quality international theatre and circus performances, creating a strong bond between our artistic programming and the outreach work we do in some of the most deprived areas of London.
However, we are a charity and each year must fundraise a fifth of our turnover. By supporting us, you will help support both our artistic and community missions, ensuring that everybody has the chance to experience live theatre and harness their own creativity without restriction.
For more information contact Katy Donnelly, Development Manager.
It stimulates Mum who has issues with memory. She remembers it. It's so special. It stimulates in a way other things don't.
Social Lunch participant's daughter
Your support enables us to:
- Support and nurture over 400 artists and companies every year
- Create weekly opportunities for all in the community to come together to learn, to create, and to participate
- Present over 250 performances every year at highly subsidised rates, and give free tickets to those groups who would not be able to access the arts due to financial restraints
- Provide activities, courses, workshops and participation opportunities for more than 3,800 people every week
- Engage thousands of children and young people from across North London with culture and the arts, often for the first time
- Continue to open on Christmas Day to provide Christmas lunch with all the trimmings, gifts, and a full day of entertainment for older and disabled people in our community who would otherwise be spending Christmas alone
- Deliver a multi-million pound restoration project with a team of architects and our community to redevelop our beautiful, landmark building into a venue that is truly fit for the 21st century
Jacksons Lane is an amazing place